Dormann, C., & Chisalita, C. (2002). Cultural values in web site design. Catania, Italy. Retrieved May 26, 2009, from from http://www.cs.vu.nl/~claire/Hofstede-dormann.pdf.
[Conference paper reporting a study where web pages were evaluated by several participants. Participants were given certain tasks to perform on the web sites, Participants then graded the web sites according to cultural criteria. Researchers used Hofstede's masculinity cultural dimension to categorize the web sites after they were graded by participants.
The research looks at web site design in general and uses only one of Hofstede's cultural dimensions. Concludes that culture is important factor in the process of web site design. Results of cultural influence were manifested through the web site designs that were examined.
This is a fairly good study, though the report could be better organized.]
Hofstede, G. (1997) Cultures and organizations: Software of the mind. New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Segall, Dasen, Berry, & Poortinga (1990). Everyday Cognition.
- Freire (2000). Pedagogy of the oppressed.
- Segall, Dasen, Berry, & Poortinga (1990). The Developmental Niche.
- Segall, Dasen, Berry, & Poortinga (1990). Cognitive Processes.
- Segall, Dasen, Berry, & Poortinga (1990). How Cross-Cultural Psychology Is Done.
- Kanu (2011). Cultural Mediators of Aboriginal Student Learning in the Formal School System.
- Sinclair & Cariou (2011). Manitowapow: Aboriginal Writings from the Land of Water.
- Innis (1952). Changing Concepts of Time.
- Knowles (1975). Self-directed learning.
- Kanu (2009). Reappropriating Traditions in the Postcolonial Curricular Imagination.
- Kanu (2006). Introduction. Curriculum as Cultural Practice: Postcolonial Imaginations.
- Levine (1997). A Geography Of Time.
- Amabile, DeJong, Lepper (1976). Effects of externally imposed deadlines on subsequent intrinsic motivation.
- Piquemal (2005). Cultural loyalty: Aboriginal students take an ethical stance.
- Aabø (2005). The role and value of public libraries in the age of digital technologies.
- Gervais (2011). Finding the faithless: Perceived atheist prevalence reduces anti-atheist prejudice.
- Dorner & Gorman (2011). Contextual Factors Affecting Learning in Laos and the Implications for Information Literacy Education.
- Gervais, Shariff, & Norenzayan (2011). Do you believe in atheists? Distrust is central to anti-atheist prejudice.
- Goleman (2000). Emotional intelligence: Issues in paradigm building.
- Smith (1996). David A. Kolb on experiential learning.
FeedbackComments, suggestions, criticisms, and any type of feedback would be greatly appreciated. Use the comment tools provided in the articles or use any of the means indicated on the Contact page to reach the author.