The Colleges Act. Retrieved May 2, 2008, from here.
“A college has a responsibility to enhance the economic and social well-being of Manitoba through the provision of a broad range of educational opportunites …” (section 3)
Without defining “social well-being” — therefore the meaning will be implied by the context, ie, legislation/statue.
In defining the board membership:…
“… an equitable representation of the diversity of educational and community interests …” (section 9, part 2)
A college council is defined. Purpose of college council is so that college staff and students can advise the board. At least 1/3 of the council members must be instructional staff. (Section 26)
- Segall, Dasen, Berry, & Poortinga (1990). Everyday Cognition.
- Freire (2000). Pedagogy of the oppressed.
- Segall, Dasen, Berry, & Poortinga (1990). The Developmental Niche.
- Segall, Dasen, Berry, & Poortinga (1990). Cognitive Processes.
- Segall, Dasen, Berry, & Poortinga (1990). How Cross-Cultural Psychology Is Done.
- Kanu (2011). Cultural Mediators of Aboriginal Student Learning in the Formal School System.
- Sinclair & Cariou (2011). Manitowapow: Aboriginal Writings from the Land of Water.
- Innis (1952). Changing Concepts of Time.
- Knowles (1975). Self-directed learning.
- Kanu (2009). Reappropriating Traditions in the Postcolonial Curricular Imagination.
- Kanu (2006). Introduction. Curriculum as Cultural Practice: Postcolonial Imaginations.
- Levine (1997). A Geography Of Time.
- Amabile, DeJong, Lepper (1976). Effects of externally imposed deadlines on subsequent intrinsic motivation.
- Piquemal (2005). Cultural loyalty: Aboriginal students take an ethical stance.
- Aabø (2005). The role and value of public libraries in the age of digital technologies.
- Gervais (2011). Finding the faithless: Perceived atheist prevalence reduces anti-atheist prejudice.
- Dorner & Gorman (2011). Contextual Factors Affecting Learning in Laos and the Implications for Information Literacy Education.
- Gervais, Shariff, & Norenzayan (2011). Do you believe in atheists? Distrust is central to anti-atheist prejudice.
- Goleman (2000). Emotional intelligence: Issues in paradigm building.
- Smith (1996). David A. Kolb on experiential learning.
FeedbackComments, suggestions, criticisms, and any type of feedback would be greatly appreciated. Use the comment tools provided in the articles or use any of the means indicated on the Contact page to reach the author.